11 March 2010

What's in a Name?

I'm trying to make a name for myself, literally. I want to create a "company", mostly in name only, so I can use for things like business cards and maybe a website or real company one day. "Why business cards?” you say. I figure it's a little more legit and less suspicious if when photographing a building or children in a park or at the Boardwalk, when I can say, "no I'm really not a criminal pervert, here's my card". "Well why worry about a company name and not just use your own name," you then say. Man, you sure are interrupting my blog a lot. Anyway, if photography is something I would like to continue to do beyond just a hobby, even one day trying to make a quasi-career out of, then I'd like to establish a standard now. I'd like to have a name in place and keep it that way so that I don't have to go back and change things like e-mail addresses and User names down the road.

So, what I need is help picking a name. Please give me some suggestions for a good Photography company. So far I'm leaning toward Deering Photo. Original I know! Other suggestions included:

-Deerster.com (suggested by a coworker which I thought weird at first but it's no worse than Google, Mozilla, or BigDaddy)
-Deering Photography (I like the shorter version)
-D&D Photography (No idea what the other "D" is for but I like the ring of it (and D&D is awesome!))

Please, lend some ideas and help out!

2 comments:

  1. the longer version of Deering Photography sounds more professional and the other D could be if Holly helps at all which I am sure she would do something with your company so there ya go. those are my favs but Deering Photography sounds the most legit if you are handing out cards to assure parents you aren't stalking their children. Oh and make sure you ask parents first cause Mr. Richardson (you know him from CCPC) said when he takes pics at the zoo of kids a lot of parents freak out even though he works for the zoo and stuff

    ReplyDelete