02 March 2010

Getting In Gear!

The Day I have been waiting for has finally arrived!  After more than a year of haggeling, promising, and begging I have purchased my new camera.  Not only that I was able to get all of the additional gear I will need to help me take photos better.  We were very blessed, first by three foster children, then by a very substantial tax return in part because of them.  We were able to actually pay off our car and have enough to (mostly) cover all of my basic camera gear.  God is good, eh?  And for the record, I realize that it's just my own money that I'm getting back and spending, but still it's nice.
The items I'm getting are as follows:
1) Canon EOS Rebel XSi (a.k.a. 450D) SLR Digital Camera (Black) with 18-55mm IS Lens
Canon EOS Rebel XSi (a.k.a. 450D) 12.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) 28 PCS Kit with Canon 18-55mm IS Lens

2) Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

3) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Autofocus Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

4) Manfrotto 190XDB Tripod Legs (Black)
Manfrotto 190XDB 3 Section Aluminum Tripod

5) Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Ballhead
Manfrotto 322RC2 Joystick Head Short

6) LumiQuest Soft Screen Diffuser for Camera with Pop-Up Flash

Opteka Universal Soft Screen Flash Diffuser for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, & Kodak On-Camera Pop-Up Flashes

7) Pearstone BD-C430 Bounce Dome (Diffuser)

I can't wait!  God has really blessed me with this and hopefully I'll be able to use it for his glory.  Now, if it all will just get here by the next workshop...

5 comments:

  1. That's great about your recent purchase! Very excited for you!!! So does that mean anytime we want family pictures taken we just have to come visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, just so long as you sign the model release so I can sell the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course :) So when can we come??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're not going anywhere soon. Whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok whenever sounds good! I really wish it were that easy to just up and go sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete